George Gershwin: Our Love Is Here to Stay
May 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Although his career covered less than two decades, and ended with his tragic death in 1937, his music endures. Join pianist and Gershwin-authority, Robert Wyatt, co-editor of Oxford University Press’ The George Gershwin Reader, in this lively lecture exploring Gershwin’s life and legacy. The program includes a chronology of the composer’s meteoric life, his 1924 recording of the Rhapsody in Blue, samples of early and unpublished music and footage from the Gershwin brothers’ four Hollywood films.
- October 29 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- October 24 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- October 16 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- October 3 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- September 29 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm