George Gershwin: Our Love Is Here to Stay
May 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Although his career covered less than two decades, and ended with his tragic death in 1937, his music endures. Join pianist and Gershwin-authority, Robert Wyatt, co-editor of Oxford University Press’ The George Gershwin Reader, in this lively lecture exploring Gershwin’s life and legacy. The program includes a chronology of the composer’s meteoric life, his 1924 recording of the Rhapsody in Blue, samples of early and unpublished music and footage from the Gershwin brothers’ four Hollywood films.
- January 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- January 10 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- January 9 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- December 6, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- December 6, 2022 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm