Hollywood Musicals of the 1950s
June 10, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The golden age of the Hollywood musical reached its zenith in the 1950s, a time when a new younger market, post-war affluence, middle-class values, the Korean War and rock and roll music changed the focus of the film industry. The major studios were blessed by an improved Technicolor process, a widescreen format and production designs that appealed to an audience eager for the escape and exhilaration.
- August 19 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- August 17 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- August 16 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- May 15 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- April 18 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm