The Musical Genius of Cole Porter and Irving Berlin
November 14, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Irving Berlin, a Russian immigrant, had no formal musical training and could not read or notate music. Cole Porter was wealthy and privileged and had extensive musical training. Berlin spoke to the American heart in sentimental ballads with infectious rhythms. Porter reflected the social elite with witty, fashionable, and often cynical lyrics and elegant melodies. Both wrote the music and lyrics to their works, and they dominated musical theater and popular song for 40 years.
- October 29 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- October 24 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- October 16 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- October 3 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- September 29 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm